2pm Sunday 23rd September
To register please email email@example.com
At a time of severe difficulty for music education in the UK, the Young Composers’ Academy represents a rare bright spot in an otherwise gloomy scene.
With music departments closing down, fewer and fewer pupils learning music and talent slipping through the system unnoticed and undeveloped, we are running a project to unearth the best young musicians from all backgrounds and to give them the encouragement and support necessary for them to flourish.
This event is an opportunity to see first hand the great work we do, in partnership with NMSW and St. George’s, supporting the region’s brightest young composing talent. Including:
- Young composers working with professional players and leading composer Michael Ellison at a YCA workshop in the newly opened education space at St. George’s
- Members of the Bristol Ensemble rehearsing the shortlisted pieces from our annual composition competition in the main auditorium
- A short presentation on the project from Director Julian Leeks
- An opportunity to meet professional composers and performers
- Free entry to an evening concert Future for Music with The Bristol Ensemble performing work by the region’s finest young composers alongside recent classics.
The work we do is receiving high-profile support from such figures as world-renowned percussionist Dame Evelyn Glennie and music lover Armando Iannucci.
Please come along and see why they believe our work is so important. Sign up for updates on our projects, get involved in our new Friends & Supporters scheme, or just enjoy some great music by the composers of the future…