- The fee for all levels of membership will be £5 per member for the first month. Subsequent months will be charged at a rate dependent on the level of membership.
- Membership will begin once registration is complete and payment has been made but benefits can not be claimed until the Your Music (see below) survey has been completed.
- If registration and payment are successful a membership conformation email will be sent automatically. If this is not received members should email email@example.com.
- Members should follow the link in the confirmation email and complete the Your Music survey. This is essential for us to provide your membership benefits and the information you provide will form the basis of our bespoke listening lists and recommendations.
- “Young Composer” members will only be able to submit works for our consideration after the one month £5 trial period has finished and the first full payment has been received.
- “Young Composer” members will be able to submit two pieces per year for our consideration but only one within any 6 month period. Once they have submitted a piece members will need to maintain an active membership in order to receive our feedback. This should be within a month but, depending on volume, may be up to two months.
- For each free concert ticket Members wish to claim they must maintain an active membership up to and including the month in which the concert takes place.
- The free concert tickets will be for events spread as evenly as possible over the year. We will endeavour to offer sufficient different options and dates to enable members to make use of their full allocation.
- Sound World will make every reasonable effort to ensure all benefits are delivered as promised. If, in the unlikely event of a scheduled concert being cancelled for reasons beyond our control (such as illness or venue problems) we will do our best to offer a similar alternative but we will not be able to refund any portion of the monthly subscription.
- “Discovery” and “Young Composer” membership levels are for those who are either relatively inexperienced in classical and contemporary music, or who are not already regular concert goers.
- More experienced concert goers should consider the “Sound World Now” or “Sound World Concerts” options.
- Those choosing the “Young Composer” membership should be 23 or under at the time of applying. At the end of the membership, it will convert to the “Sound World Concerts” level and the monthly subscription reduced to the appropriate amount (currently £8 per month). The right to cancel at any time is retained.
- Members can cancel their subscriptions at any time by clicking the link on their Membership Account page
- Sound World reserve the right to cancel memberships if members act in manner which is contrary to the spirit of the club such as by posting abusive comments or failing to respect eligibility criteria.
- In order to provide tickets for events at partner venues we will need to share your name and email address with them.
- Sound World will not otherwise share your details with any third party without asking prior permission unless compelled to do so by law.